Youth & Family Support
Youth and Family Support in the Manawatu, Horowhenua, Tararua, and Whanganui regions.
We provide opportunities for youth and young adults with diabetes, and their families/whanau, to connect with others through fun, social events. Examples include:
- Family activities such as LazerTag, Paint Ball, Flip City, Go-Karts, Ice-Skating etc.
- Anual Family Camp – A camp for under fourteens and their whole family, jam packed with fun challenges.
- Bi-annual Youth Camp – Held at Makahika Outdoor Pursuits Centre and overseen by the team from Diabetes and Endocrinology. No parents here; take part in fun outdoor activities and learn more about managing diabetes.
- Parent/whanau support groups – Get together with other parents and caregivers of Type 1 kids at a cafe near you. Held regularly in Palmerston North, Feilding, Whanganui, and Levin.
- Young adult – 18 to 30 years meet for coffee or dinner every 6 months or so.
We advocate on behalf of families of children with diabetes to help access the care, education, and services they need to manage their diabetes.
I am happy to come and meet you and/or your family and outline the support and service the Trust provides.